My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Truth in advertising

I went to Long John Silvers tonight. I was craving a good salad and remembered how good their shrimp and seafood salad is. I got to the drive up to place my order. "oh no, we don't have salads" the employee responded. I explained that I was looking right at their menu and it was there plain as day. She said "we only have stuff like that in the summer, I guess we'll have to take that sign down."

She didn't care that I wasn't getting what I wanted, what they were still advertising. She thought it rather odd that I was even asking for it, as if it were MY fault they weren't updating their menus properly.

In my life, there are times I send messages I don't mean to. We all do it. It could be something as simple as refusing to take your calls or return your messages, or dressing inappropriately, or pretending everything's fine when I know that it's not.

I'm not suggesting that I walk around with a cloud over my head on the days that I'm in a bad mood, but what I know is that I need to be more honest in how I'm feeling...and that Long John Silver's needs to fix their menu with or without salads.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    It is truly bizarre that they have something on the menu that they don't have! They should have given you a free something instead! Call the 800 number!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home