My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Monday, February 06, 2006

sleep

Sleep is a good thing. Sleep is a bad thing. Sleep just is.

Sleep is good because that's when the body repairs the damage we did to it during the day. It's important to get a certain amount of sleep. While we're sleeping, sometimes we dream. The dreams are the mind's way of trying to make sense of what's going on in our lives. Sometimes the dreams carry messages that we need to know.

Like every other good thing in our lives, sleep can be overused and abused. If we go too long without it, our bodies will crash and demand sleep. If we want to escape something, sleep can be used to escape feeling.

Last night, it took me a while to get to sleep. It happens periodically. I have some tricks that I use to get to sleep when it escapes me and after about an hour of trying the tricks, I did finally get to sleep.

This morning, it was hard to stay awake. I tried. I really tried, but I could not stay awake. I didn't oversleep to the point that it would be hard to sleep tonight, but I did go back to bed after the alarm woke me up.

Right now, whether I'm doing escape sleep or sleeping because I'm tired doesn't matter to me. It's not on my list of priorities. The fact is that when I sleep I am taking care of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home