My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Why I won't be going to the Olympics

I've always loved to watch the figure skating, ever since I was glued to the TV watching Peggy Fleming in 1968. In my dreams I would have been there with them. However there are a few reasons why it won't happen.

I have probably been on ice skates about 5 times in my life. I'm so afraid of falling that the few times I was on skates, I was hugging the sideboards. I finally was able to do a simple two footed turn that nobody in their right mind would be doing. When I did go skating, the little girls in the center of the ice doing their cool moves that were actually figure skating moves made me feel even more like a loser when it came to my skating career.

I never quite mastered balance or having enough strength in my ankles. I didn't have the motivation and if I had, I doubt my parents would have sacrificed their lives to feed my hobby.

I still love to watch it. I have to say that one of the reasons I like the "Skating with Celebrities" show (and Dancing with the Stars, but that's already been discussed) is because those celebrities are living my dream, so for an hour a week I can live vicariously through them.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home