My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Monday, January 23, 2006

the day after

The Old Testament proverb says "Weeping may endure for the night, but joy cometh in the morning." I can't exactly say that I'm at joy yet, but I sure don't feel like I did earlier.

I woke up with an emotional hangover. That's the result of releasing a lot of emotion in a drastic way, such as a huge crying jag. If you've ever experienced a hangover from drinking, the feelings are rather similar. As a result, I've been taking it easy today and have seem to found parts of me that have been missing for a while.

Not only are the changes to my meds starting to work, but I've begun the road to healing.

I remember in my youth that I was not allowed to express "bad" or "negative" emotions. If I was upset, it had to be resolved now, even if I wasn't ready. As a result, some family arguments would last up to 4 hours. After all, we had to "fix" whatever was "wrong". (I used to say that the only way the argument would finally end was when I would say how I was wrong and say it with the proper attitude) Those were my first experiences with emotional hangovers. They're still ugly and the only good thing about them is all that crud you got rid of to get them.

Tomorrow is another day, and let's hear it for tomorrow being a better day!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    I remember those discussions. I think you really are my sister. Hooray for tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home