My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

day of rest

I know that the Sabbath should be a day of rest and it many ways it is. After all, taking a break from the weekly grind and troubles is always a good thing, whether or not you're busy doing other things or just chilling out. Unfortunately, there are some things that you cannot "take a break" from. Chronic illness, such as depression, is one. It would be wonderful to have an on and off switch where I could simply declare tomorrow my day of rest from depression symptoms. Rather, it's become part of my character. Not a label, but a feature. Thankfully it can be managed and I am working on that with the help of my doctor. In the meantime, it's something I learn to live with and work around or through as appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home