My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

don't call me

I worked for a few hours of overtime. It wasn't the worst thing I've done. For the most part, the calls were slow just how I like them. However, there were some weird calls from people that I just don't get.

Some folks feel the need to argue with whatever you say, good or bad. I don't know if it's because they're looking for a fight and are disappointed that I don't give it to them so they keep trying for one. Maybe it's because they're really not listening to begin with (which would explain why I have to repeat everything).

Some folks have rotten timing or aren't clear with their intentions. You think they're calling for one thing and they're calling about something else. Sometimes they ask you a question and when you answer the general question, they go in for the kill ("so why did you ..."). Others pick right before my break or lunch and suddenly decide it's time to go through every last one of their claims they've made in the past year, but they are sneaky about it. Just when you think the call's going to end, they say "okay, now about this one" and keep doing it.

Anyway, in general, I don't mind working phones because I do enjoy talking to people. However, when work's over, I rarely answer my phone. Thankfully I've got caller ID so I can decide who I want to talk to. I've also figured out that if there's a way to work through something online, I'd much rather do that. It's not that I don't like people, because I do. It's that phone work makes one weary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home