My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

what a way to start a year

A year ago, I was taking the day off from funeral plans, so no matter how this year began, it was bound to be better.

I tried to sleep in this morning to find a very bad smell in the house. When I got into the hall, lots of smoke and a clicking noise. Into the kitchen and there is a fire on my stove. My cat turned on the stove and it melted or blew up everything nearby. A bottle of salad dressing blew up all over the kitchen.

As I went to turn off the burner, my left leg flew out from under me, my right ankle sprained and I landed on my butt!

I've learned a few things today. My cat keeps doing strange things and I'm wondering if he's trying to kill me. Burnt vinegar smells as bad if not worse than burning plastic. I'm going to have to child/cat proof my stove. If I'd gone to church like I'd originally planned, I wouldn't have had a house to come back to. As soon as I can put more weight on my foot, I'm going to have to do some serious cleaning.

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    That cat sure knows how to keep things interesting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home