My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Friday, December 30, 2005

The year in review

It seems that just about everybody has some sort of take on the past year and whether it was a good or bad year.

There's the top 10 movies, bottom 10 movies, the top news stories, most intriguing, etc.

It does tend to make me a bit retrospective, however that's not always a good thing. I've got to find some different questions to wrap up my year. The "what have I done?" and "what did I still want to do?" just don't work for me because no matter how I try to spin it, I end up dwelling on what I don't have and what I feel like a failure for.

I've got to think about this some more. There has to be better questions to ask yourself at the end of the year.

PS--I received the following in e-mail from www.fearlessliving.org and Rhonda Britten. I guess I didn't realize that I had it sooner, because it sure answers a lot of the questions I addressed in this blog entry:

Christmas, 2005
Happiest of Fearless HolidaysAs I reflect on the past twelve months, I am so grateful for the courage each of you has displayed in facing your fears and embracing the wholeness of who you are. Together, as we learn to accept and love our humanity, we are literally changing the world. How wonderful it is to know that we are in this together.
I always say, "No one can be fearless alone" and it is particularly true during the holiday season. So I invite each of you to reach out, ask for help, say yes and say no, determine how this season could be filled with love and light for you and yours. And then do something about it. Brighten someone's day with a smile. Lighten someone's load by opening a door or two. Hug so much that you will finally feel filled up with enough love to spread throughout 2006.
As always, I urge each of you to stop, sit down and write 100 gratitude's and 100 acknowledgements for the past year. Together, let's enter 2006 as powerful, potent and impactful people because we know we make a difference in the world because we are enough exactly as we are. How glorious to know this to be true regardless of how we feel. I say let's believe it together.
You are enough.I am enough.We are enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home