My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Self-Care

I've learned how important it is to take care of myself.

The one thing I forgot to mention yesterday as part of my reasons for a lame blog entry was that I really needed to elevate my ankle.

I think I misunderstood the nurse Monday who said that in order for elevation to work you need to elevate it above heart level. I thought she meant that if you can't elevate it high enough, don't bother.

Well, my ankle was the size of a football when I got home last night. oops!

I have spent much more time elevating my foot and it's doing a lot better now. This is really the worst sprain I've experienced and I've done a number on my ankles on more than one occasion.

One thing that a friend suggested was to babyproof my stove. I still need to find stove knob covers. I found doorknob covers, but I'm not sure those will work on the stove knobs.

As I'm better able to go out and about and not just to work and back, I will have some searching to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home