My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Miami Ink

It's interesting. I would never get a tattoo, I don't want them, I don't particularly like them, I don't get why real people get them. However, I really enjoy this show and even enjoy and admire the artwork. I don't get it. I guess if I see it on TV it isn't real??

Here's an interesting tidbit. My dad was in the Navy for years, and from what he admitted to was quite the party animal. However, the minute someone mentioned getting a "tattoo", he'd sober up. As a result, he never had a tattoo.

Maybe because Miami Ink goes into the stories behind the tattoos, as well as the process, it gives them more meaning and that's why I enjoy watching it. It's not just someone marking up their body, but someone's marking it up for a reason. I remember an episode where Daddy got a tattoo of his daughter beating up on a cancer tumor to celebrate her victory over cancer. It was a celebration for them and more than just a random scribble. While I wouldn't do that, I still thought it was neat for them.

I also think that one of the reasons I enjoy watching it is because I've always loved to learn how things were done. Watching a TV show being made has never spoiled the magic for me. Learning how special effects are created hasn't ruined the impression they leave on me when watching the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home