My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Olympics

I have had a bit of an off week. I couldn't figure out why until yesterday. That's part of why I didn't blog yesterday. This is my first Olympics without any family around. Usually a day of watching would consist of me calling Mom and telling her about what time to tune in for what I knew she wanted to see, or after we'd both seen something, we'd chat over the phone about what we saw, if it was dumb or cool, if it was fair or unfair, etc.

I know I'm going to watch things I don't normally get to watch (curling anyone?) and things that just amaze me (ski jumping) and things I love to watch (figure skating) and things that are just plain cool (hockey, speed skating, etc.).

I'll still enjoy it, but it will be hard not to reach for that phone and that part makes me sad.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    That is sad. But maybe you will find another Olympics enthusiast.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home