My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Not so secret

http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-Virtual-Cow-in-Reflective-Moosaic-Art-Cow_W0QQitemZ7202726893QQcategoryZ40142QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

First I had to show that. I think it's SOOO cute but there's no way it would work with my landscaping.

Now to the not so secret Father Christmas. Yeah, that's right, I didn't say Santa because in this case it wouldn't be right.

Edna was a friend of our family. She and her husband were from England and I honestly can't tell you how this got started, but every Christmas Eve, she'd get a cup filled with English Candies from Father Christmas. This went on for years. If anybody asked, she'd show off all her cups which she kept on a shelf and added the new one each year. It was something that gave her joy and she really didn't care who had done it.

Of course I knew who Father Christmas was, and I thought it was cute that he crossed the pond to visit Edna each year. Okay, so he didn't cross the pond and I lived with him as long as I stayed with my parents. My dad was her Father Christmas. There were a couple close calls related to Dad's health, but when he couldn't do it, others filled in for him so that it was taken care of each year. Everybody who knew about it kept the secret.

Now that several of the parties involved are deceased, I'm sure that the secret's finally out.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home