My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo! Scary stuff!

I am weird about Halloween. Some years I enjoy it and other years I just don't. This was one of those "I just don't" years.

I'm so glad to know that I can decide each year how I want to celebrate it and if I want to celebrate it.

The election will be Tuesday. I'm not sure how things are going. I've heard various theories and scenarios and outcomes. Some are pretty scary to me.

In my Toastmaster's meeting a while back, I spoke about something that usually makes me cry to think about. It was hard and I was scared, but I did it!

I've had to talk about and face uncomfortable things, things that scared me. I usually seem to get through it and find that my fears were greater than just doing the scary thing.

I recently found out I could relapse and do something I hadn't done in 15 years. The realization scared me, but I took strength in the knowledge that I had learned skills to help me not do it and I overcame it.

I think the scariest thing in my world is the thought that I could be alone for the rest of my life. I don't know how to overcome that fear, but I do know that when I live my life and keep plugging along, it seems to be less important and less scary.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    I have the same fear.

    Let me know if you find a good way to overcome it... and I don't mean just in marriage. That isn't an option for me.

    Of course... I have a cat. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home