My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Test

There's been a lot of talk about will they or won't they. Last I heard, the debates will go on. However, it is very interesting to see how the two candidates have dealt with this.

One says "I may be a candidate, but my current job is US Senator, not Presidential candidate and my country needs me."
One says "Hey, if there's anything I can do, call me."

This is a great test of leadership.

There has been a lot of talk about looking for an excuse to get out of the debates or it's a publicity stunt. Right now there is an urgent situation going on and something must be done. I'm not sure that what they're planning is the right thing, but I pray that enough are listening so they will know the right thing to do. We can't freefall, but we can't rescue every financial mistake we've made either.

Most of the people I know who lived through something like this before are now gone, but I remember many of the stories of things they would do to make ends meet or get by. Our society has become soft lately. I hope we can learn to adapt to our new normal really quickly or we're in trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home