My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sunday thoughts

There are a lot of people that I know that are hurting right now. A friend is coping with the recent death of a colleague. A lady at my church is watching her son in critical condition after a motorcycle accident. As of today, it's still unclear if he will survive. Those who know these people are struggling watching people they care about hurting, and in some cases aren't sure what to do to help.

The answer is rather simple. Love them. Pray for them. Pray with them if they are willing. Listen to them. Love them.

Okay, I said the answer was simple. I didn't say it was easy. Some don't think they want to be loved. Some don't know how they want to be loved right now. Others are just trying to keep it all together, either for themselves or for their family.

Having been through a few trying times myself, I still can't say "I know just how you feel", but I can say "I know how it feels to hurt. I know the pain that loss can give you. I know how it feels to have a loved one hover between life and death and not be sure what to do. I know you don't think you can get through this right now, but I was able to get through it and I know you can too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home