My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Numbers

A couple months ago, after decided that I was no longer in scale denial, I bought a scale. I bought it at Target online and searched through the descriptions to see if there was a max weight listed. There wasn't, and the picture led me to believe that it could handle larger weights. Well, when I received the scale, I found out it did have a max weight listed on the box.

That means that when you step on it and you're over that max weight, you get an error message.

Today was the first day that I got numbers on the scale instead of an error message. Yeah, I'm just a bit excited.

Actually, something interesting happened last night after my Toastmasters meeting. I haven't been telling people that I've been working on my weight. I was in a parking lot, and someone penned me in when they parked. In the past, I'd release the parking brake and push the car out to where I could get in easily. (Even a RAV4 can push pretty easily) I went to the passenger side of the car, put my purse and organizer in, then went to the driver's side and squeezed my way in to the car with only a little difficulty.

I was SO EXCITED that I backed up all the way to where Marianne was and said (not caring who heard me) "Did you see that? Thirty pounds ago there was no way I could have done that!"

Okay, so my dirty little secret is out, but I was so caught up in the excitement of the moment that I didn't care.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home