My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

normalcy

Is there such a thing as normalcy? I'm not sure because it's been a while since I've lived there if it does indeed exist.

However, I do have a huge monkey off my back with the fact that the Toastmasters conference is done! (short of a few minor accounting details and the celebration) In many ways I enjoyed it. I loved having team members that I could trust to put in charge of a task and know it would be done. I really stretched my confidence muscles!!

I was able to handle the "need to improve" criticism without taking it personally and I was able to accept the "good job" compliments without getting too squeamish. That, my friends, is growth!

I made a decision that the conference would happen whether I was calm or stressed, so I might as well enjoy myself!

It was even suggested by one person that going into event planning might be a good career choice. I never really had the faith that I could do something like that even though I thought it was a cool idea. However, I've loved assisting others in event planning and I do have the ability to remain calm in crisis situations. Maybe when I "grow up" I might want to do some event planning. If not, I know it is an ability that I've learned and gotten to use in my lifetime.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    It was a wonderful conference and you did handle the feedback session beautifully!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    P.S. There is no such thing as normal. Happy is a better goal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home