My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

what a difference

After spending several days in hell, I finally decided it was time to call the doctor. I let her know what was going on and could I PLEASE increase the dosage before I saw her next week.

I can't tell you the difference that a small change made literally overnight. I'm still not where I know I can be, but I am responding well to the changes so far.

I am a Toastmaster. Today I was the toastmaster (MC) for one of the speech contests. I'm glad that I was feeling better because I could put my heart and soul into doing this job instead of merely going through the motions. One of the speech contests is the preliminaries for the World Champion of Public Speaking. One of the contestants gave the most interesting speech. This is someone that I have gotten to know through these few years I've been involved with Toastmasters and have enjoyed listening to what he's said.

Suddenly in the middle of his speech, he looked at me, called me by name and said "you are the best you that you can be." He was using other audience members for his examples as well, but this was something I needed to hear today.

I know that Marianne's said it to me before, but that's somehow different. This WAS different. It was as if he was inspired that I really needed to hear that message at that very moment. I still need to be reminded, but as my medication's being corrected and I'm starting to feel like myself again, it couldn't have come at a better time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home