My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Teary ice

Okay, it was an enjoyable evening of skating tonight. Everybody made some sort of mistake and I'm not sure that I'm crazy about the new scoring system.

However, the final skater, Takahashi of Japan made me cry. It had nothing to do with his skating, but his choice of music. That was my mother's favorite piece of music. She played it when Dad died, she wanted it played at her funeral (which it was), and when I was with her in the hospital room, I snuck a CD player in there and played it several times. I haven't been able to listen to it since. I started to run out of the room when I heard it start, but I stayed and listened and watched the skater.

It's been hard to listen to Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto ever since last year. Even an edited version to accomodate a skating program.

The other thing that stinks is that I'd get the program about 2 hours before she did and this is a night that I'd call and tell her she really wants to be watching about that time of the night.
I also would have been able to call her and find out that one skater was using Warsaw Concerto as his music (I believe his name was Sam from Canada). I was struggling with the name of that music until it just now came to me.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    You know a lot about so many things, including music.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home