My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mental health

After all the stress and stuff going on the last couple days, apparently I'd had enough because I had to take today off.

It felt so good to take care of myself today. It's really too bad that declaring a "mental health day" has such a bad rap from people using it to play hooky, because that's pretty much what I have to do in order to take care of myself. When you live with chronic illness, many times sick days ARE mental health days.

I took a nap, watched something really good on tv, went grocery shopping, watered the flowers and did some housework. I did things that would take care of myself.

I know it's hard to believe. I actually did some housework. It doesn't look like I did very much, but it doesn't have to. It's a start towards getting my house in order so that I can make it more of a home for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home