My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankful

I was listening to Glenn Beck on the way home tonight (www.glennbeck.com) and heard him do a monologue about the Norman Rockwell thanksgiving painting. Okay, so it's not really called that. It's part of a set of 4 paintings that were inspired by the Four Freedoms speech of FDR during World War II. As Glenn was talking, he mentioned what was present in the painting that we don't see as much today and what was missing from the painting.

The gist of it was that as much as we want to idolize and romanticize the past, it's pointless to do so. Things today are very different and some things are better that we have now and other things we probably wish we didn't have to deal with.

When I went to my last high school reunion, one of the table favors was a list of things that we have today (then) that we didn't have the year of our graduation. It amazes me to think how blessed we are but with that comes great responsibility.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Even amidst my trials I realize that I am truly blessed.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home