My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Desperate Housewives

It's funny. It's one of those shows I didn't think I would like. However, I find myself doing less of the casual watching and more of the sit down and watch type watching.

There is a storyline about one of the characters just having a miscarriage. Tonight, some really scary looking guy comes to her house, camps out on her front porch and keeps goading her about going shopping instead of grieving her loss. He said something about "shopping the pain away."

That is how I was last night, wanting to use "retail therapy" to avoid feeling pain. Anyway, later on she mistook him for a kidnapper when he took her to a park and then he went to get something out of his trunk. It was a balloon so that she could have a little ceremony for the baby she just lost. It was really sweet and rather surprising considering who it was coming from. (if you saw the show you know what I'm referring to)

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to share that even though I know what I do to avoid feeling pain, sometimes I find myself doing it anyway. I know that's what I did last night. I'm not sure that I know how not to avoid feeling the pain, but I'm willing to try and isn't willingness one of the first steps?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    There is a book that can help you with your pain, I think. It is called Healing the Adoption Experience by Nancy Parkhill. I know you're not adopted. But it's about healing the pain from childhood by learning how to love your inner child. It helped me and I am not adopted either. It is a very good book. I love especially the visualization exercise that starts on page 97. It is beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home