My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

my confidence muscle

We all have a confidence muscle. When we take risks or do something we didn't know we could do, we are exercising our confidence muscle. When we change our habits, we exercise our confidence muscle.

The neatest way I've been working on mine is by learning to accept compliments graciously and sincerely. I work hard on a project, whether it be coordinating a program for a banquet, coordinating a training meeting, or giving a speech for my Toastmasters club that takes me WAY out of my comfort zone. Why shouldn't I be able to hear the feedback I've earned?

I've been getting some good feedback recently. Okay, I've gotten good feedback a lot, but only recently have I been able to listen to it and enjoy it without getting all squirmy and uncomfortable and without wanting the attention that comes from a job well done.

And that, dear people, is progress!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    You got another compliment tonight when you weren't even there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home