My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Time to Begin

Perhaps this will get me back into journalling. I enjoy writing, why not a blog?

I've got a lot to talk about, but I won't try to overwhelm myself. I just want to be able to tell whoever cares to listen to me what I'm thinking.

This year I'm planning to do Christmas up big. I know that whoever knows me might be surprised to hear that. It's my first year in my new house and come the end of the year it will have been 1 year since my mother passed away, the last of my immediate family.

I do have aunts and uncles and cousins, but it really isn't the same.

I also have not finished with my unpacking from the move (last march--I know I'm such a slacker) but I will do as much as I can and then deck the halls as much as I can.

After my father died in 2001, I went to a workshop on grieving during the holidays. One thing they said was if you don't feel comfortable with existing traditions, make some new ones. Fact is, I haven't decorated for Christmas in many years, so I'm thinking this will be my new tradition for the season.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Marianne said…

    Wow! A beautiful new blog has joined the blogosphere! Welcome, Laura!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home