My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Friday, November 11, 2005

causes

Linda Dano's a great actress, but more importantly, she's a classy lady and a good person. I remember with fondness her days as Felicia Gallant on Another World. In fact, not only was I a fan, but my mom AND EVEN MY DAD! (the man would never confess to watching a soap opera in his life except when she was on)

If you've only seen her act, you've missed out. She's hosted a talk show, written about style and trends and in more recent years, attached herself to causes that had meaning for her. Her mother (and I think her father) dealt with Alzheimer's for many years, and then not long ago her husband passed away. When something affects her life, she attaches herself to that cause.

Most recently she found out she was suffering from depression and she is now working on depression awareness. Depression is an insidious thing. Ignorance about it is even worse.

If we attach ourselves to causes that have meaning to us, we have the passion to work on them, and the meaning keeps us going when the passion wanes. Find something that has meaning in your life and attach yourself to its cause!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    I never knew you were such a good writer, Toastmaster Laura. I love your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home