My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Then comes the fall.

No, literally. Morning fell, or more accurately I fell this morning. I was coming back to my bed after turning off the alarm and of all things, my big toe got caught in my pajama bottoms and down I went.

Of all the times I've been afraid to do something because I'm afraid to fall and it ends up happening anyway, when I'm not doing anything worth falling for.

I guess there's a lesson in that somewhere. Besides the pain that I'm in (and will probably be in tomorrow as well), there's the silliness of the whole thing. It's not a great story, such as "I fell while skiing", or "my foot slipped while climbing mount Everest," or "I was wrestling against The Rock."

I guess I need to realize that not only do small things produce major results, but even when you live a life safely, so that you can't fall down and go boom, sometimes it happens anyway.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Marianne said…

    I like the Mt. Everest story. My father had a cut on his hand that he always claimed was a saber scar. When I was a teenager, my grandma told me he cut himself accidentally when he was a little boy. It was a good story though!

    I hope you didn' hurt yourself too bad!

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger marrie said…

    I hope you are alright. I'm always having minor falls, the most recent public one was at the gym. I was walking down the steps, there were only three of them, and somehow I lost my footing and fell, right in the middle of the "Man" area, where all the buff guys lift weights. I was so embarassed, I started laughing like a loon.
    I also fell in the parking lot of my Doc's office when I was 7 months pregnant, for no apparent reason, and when I was walking out of my husbands workplace carrying my daughter in her baby carrier when she was a newborn.
    The good news is, I've never broken a bone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home