My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

a reluctant! hero?

The question mark is on the hero part because I doubt that what I'm getting myself into is heroic. It's just something that needs to be done.

When I was at the Toastmasters conference in El Paso, I knew of a future task that needed to be done and the thought actually came to me to do it. Circumstances did not allow me to commit at that time, and on the drive back home I came to my senses and realized just how bad an idea it would be to manage this task at this time in my life with everything else I've had to do.

Well, a "friend" relayed to the one in charge that needed the role filled that I had come up with this idea. I'm using quotes around friend because usually a friend is someone who has your best interests at heart. I question this greatly right about now.

Anyway, someone who has authority to make this decision loves the idea of me filling this role and every attempt I've made to say no has backfired on me. There is a part of me that really wants to do it, and I guess I'm just going to have to have faith in that part of me and work on the task at hand. Hopefully the rest of me will catch up and get with the program.

Rhonda Britten talks about things in our life that are a stretch, a risk, or a die. A stretch gets you a little bit out of your comfort zone, a risk takes you further, while a die breaks your limitations and redefines a lot in your life. I'm thinking that this task is definitely a die. It's also a little karma for me talking about my confidence muscle yesterday. I guess I'm in for quite the workout!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    Some things are meant to be! Then everything in the universe conspires to make them happen. So it must be a very good thing! Your friend and pawn of the universe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home