My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

the tree

It's not the same and that's a good thing. I put the tree up tonight. WOW! did you know that they make pre-lit trees now? One less thing to mess with as you're trying to put stuff up.

I've been going to do this since Thanksgiving weekend. I waffled about this decision for all this time and finally decided at the spur of the moment to put up the tree.

I know the cat's been around Christmas trees before, but there's still that bit of curiosity where I wonder if he's curious or just planning how to take the tree out.

I don't know where the Christmas ornament boxes are right now. As usual, I did pick up a few ornaments. That may be it for now. That would be good though, because then the tree really wouldn't remind me of the trees I grew up with. It will be truly my own and I can add back the special ornaments when I find them and I'm able to look at them again.

I can't even remember if I managed to save the heirloom ornaments back when I was cleaning out the house 2 years ago. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Marianne said…

    I think that I shall never see
    anything as lovely as a tree.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home