My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Monday, December 19, 2005

time flies

I can't believe it. One year ago (depending on how one would count it) I was either making last minute preparations for my trip to California or I was on the road hoping I would make it before it was too late.

I'm not sure that I would do anything differently, so there isn't regret in that respect. The one thing I do wish were different was that Mom had been less controlling and more able to show love without making you feel guilty asking for it.

I know she lost friends over it and was afraid that if I thought I was worthwhile that I wouldn't have anything to do with her. Sad, because this woman who tried to make me feel that whatever I did wasn't enough was also the woman who taught me compassion and taught me to be of service to others.

How is it possible to learn good things from bad experiences? and yet, life is full of both.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home