My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Daddy

Four years ago today, my Daddy died. He was a very interesting man and did a lot of really good things during his life. He also was human and did some not so great things. He had quite the temper and was very impatient about things not being done well and being done right. If he understood your situation, you couldn't have a better cheerleader in your corner.

However, the dad he became as his brain was riddled with cancer was sweet, thankful, childlike and so wonderful to be around.

I'm so thankful that I was able to be with him when he died. I was the last person he talked to and while I wasn't glad that he had to leave, I was grateful that our relationship had improved and that I could spend some quality time with him before he was gone.

I'm only sad because I miss him. I miss hearing his voice and sharing laughs with him. I really missed him running interference for me when Mom was being too demanding of my time and energy.

I know that where he's at he is just fine and can read and speak again and be understood. I just wish that I could have spent more time with him.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home