My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

and so it begins

I had a really tough day. My cat is using the plumeria for a litter box. I have to move it indoors for winter to keep it warm and now it's turned into a litter box.

I had a plumbing problem this morning. I was finally able to fix it later tonight after I got home.

I was having problems with some of the customers and providers who called in today asking about their medical claims.

I couldn't figure out what was going on. I wasn't looking for it to be a bad day, and yet it was.

I started e-mailing a friend and really dumping on her about what a bad day I was having. As I was writing stuff down, I saw myself write something significant: "A year ago today was the last time I was able to hear my mother's voice."

I know that for some that may seem silly, but since Thanksgiving weekend she had been in ICU and couldn't take calls, and when they moved her out, she was able to speak for only a couple days and I got to talk to her on the phone. That was it. Her condition deteriorated and within 2 weeks she was gone. It is so strange what the body remembers as the brain is trying to forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home