My World

No pictures. Just words...in sentences.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

answers

Answers come when you least expect them, so it pays to be listening.

I've been wondering why my subconscious remembered what happened last Thanksgiving and it took me days to figure it all out.

I was watching an episode of Starting Over on tape. Jessica, one of the housemates, lost her mother 9/11. Rhonda, her coach told her that when it first happens, our bodies don't anticipate anything because we have no cause to believe anything bad's going to happen. However, when the anniversaries come up, the body remembers and anticipates it. You could have knocked me over with a feather! That was it! Mentally, I try to put this stuff aside because life goes on, I've got things to do, etc. However a part of me remembers.

I remember when my dad had his cancer, I would tell him and Mom "It's going to be OK. I just don't know what OK is." That's how I feel right now. I know it will be okay, but I'm not sure just what that is or what it looks like right now.

On another subject, Marianne had a book signing tonight. I tried to get her to sign my book "To EBay winner, Love Marianne." She wouldn't do it. Actually she almost did until I told her not to. She still has plenty of pens and now she's got books too! How cool is that!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Marianne said…

    "To ebay winner", that was funny! Thanks for coming to my booksigning tonight and supporting your favorite local author! You have my support also in acknowledging what you have been through and starting new memories.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home